A career at Lindsay Dynan
Lindsay Dynan nurtures authentic relationships. We treat each other with professionalism and respect. We are straight talkers who work hard to understand our client’s business and embrace their challenges as our own. True collaborators who operate in an environment of trust, we are open, honest, comfortable and willing to stick our necks out, trusting ideas will be received constructively.
Our people know they can rely on their colleagues for support. Our technical excellence and creative thinking gives us the courage to act and be a dynamic and responsive firm that challenges the status quo. We treat change as an opportunity to learn and grow while respecting the need for work/life balance. We laugh and have fun while we work towards common goals, share insights with other passionate people who love what they do, celebrate our successes at work and at home, and are honest and respectful in our relationships with our community.
Our aim is to employ motivated staff and provide a collaborative environment where staff develop diverse skills whilst working under the direction of a variety of senior staff.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to check out our advertised positions under Current Vacancies.
About Lindsay Dynan Consulting Engineers
Lindsay Dynan is an Australian engineering consultancy with over 40 years diverse knowledge, skills, ideas and project experience from industries nationwide and internationally. We attract, retain and support exceptional people so they can operate at their full potential, create value-engineered solutions to solve client’s challenges and bring superior performance for stakeholders.
Relying on excellent technical skills and teamwork, we are driven by authentic relationships and relentless client care. We relish accountability and deliver exceptional quality.
Our brand is differentiated by three things:
- Supporting exceptional people so they can operate at peak performance.
- A commitment to authentic relationships and exceptional client care (which rests on accountability).
- Creating value-engineered solutions to solve client’s challenges.
Our strong, respectful and collaborative team culture ensures we each have a sense of belonging and achievement. We provide people with sophisticated training and mentoring, operate our business efficiently and support our people to think differently. Our success is underpinned by our values which are lived daily by everyone and we never compromise.
About the Role
As a Senior Civil Designer you will be working closely with our experienced and driven engineers on a diverse range of exciting and challenge projects. You will work with the larger team of knowledgeable, supportive and passionate engineers, drafters and designers to live our value ‘we win as a team’. Your career progression will only be limited by your own ambitions and your contribution to projects will allow our clients to achieve value-engineered solutions to solve their challenges.
True to our value of ‘action and accountability’ we are a performance based organisation that provides clarity and certainty to everyone around not what they are expected to do but what they are expected to achieve.
Your expected achievements in this role include:
- To deliver complex civil design projects on time and on budget and to exceed clients’ technical and service expectations. This will be measured by your ability to undertake work within mutually agreed parameters and via informal client feedback.
- Technical excellence in the use of relevant civil design software such as AutoCad, 12D, Civil 3D and/or Bentley products. This will be measured by peer reviews undertaken with colleagues against industry best practice.
- Produce clear and concise documentation using efficient time management skills and the ability to follow complex design processes. You will do this by engaging with the wider team, contributing to established resource libraries and identifying existing information from past projects that can be applied to your current challenge.
This role is based on in Sydney office, however, you will have the chance to collaborate on projects with all of our offices across Australia.
We are looking for someone that can make an immediate contribution so experience in a similar role is required. Ideally you will have approximately five years’ experience, however, we will consider suitable candidates at all stages of their career.
We want to get to know the types of projects you love. When applying we ask that you include a cover letter and outline a significant project you have worked on, what your contribution was and how you added value to its success.
If successful to interview stage you will be asked to demonstrate your skills and strengths through examples of your work. Cathy Moore can be contacted if you require any further information on 02 4941 9968. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.